Cancelling a road test in Ontario doesn’t need to be a headache. Most of the time, DriveTest makes it quite easy to cancel and reschedule appointments, so long as you follow the rules outlined below. We’ve pulled together this step-by-step guide to help you through the cancellation process.
How can I cancel my road test booking in Ontario?
If you need to cancel a G2 or G test appointment in Ontario, you have three options – cancelling online, cancelling over the phone, or cancelling in person.
- Go to the DriveTest website and press the “Book a road test” button
- If you already have a road test booking, press the “Sign in” link at the bottom of the account creation screen
- Sign in using your driver’s licence number and expiry date. If you don’t have an account yet, you will need to create one by providing your personal information and driver’s licence number.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll see a list of your upcoming appointments on the dashboard.
- Find the appointment that you want to cancel and click on the “Cancel” or “Reschedule” button next to it. You will be prompted to confirm your decision to cancel the appointment.
- Follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation. You will receive a confirmation email or text message once the cancellation has been processed.
Cancelling by phone
- Call the DriveTest booking line at either 647-776-0331 or 1-888-570-6110. The line is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Press “1” or stay on the line for English, or “2” for French.
- Press “1” or say “Road Test” to reschedule or cancel your upcoming road test
- Have your driver’s licence number and the confirmation number for your appointment ready. You will need to provide this information to the customer service representative to confirm your identity.
- Follow the prompts to cancel your appointment. The representative will confirm the cancellation and provide you with a reference number for your records.
Cancelling in person
- Go to your local DriveTest centre. You can find the closest DriveTest centre to you here
- Come prepared with your driver’s licence, a printout of your road test booking, and a secondary piece of identification
- Take a ticket from the ticker, and have a seat while you wait for your number to be called. You will not be served by the DriveTest centre representatives without a numbered ticket
- When your number is called, a representative will help you reschedule your road test booking
When am I allowed to cancel my road test in Ontario?
You can reschedule or cancel a road test up to 48 hours before your scheduled test time. If you need to reschedule or cancel within 48 hours of your test time, you will forfeit your test fee and will need to pay again in order to book your road test.
If you are unable to attend the test due to a medical reason, you will be required to submit a medical certificate signed by a physician. In this case, there is no fee for cancelling or rescheduling the test.
What is the cost to reschedule a G2 road test in Ontario?
You can reschedule a glass G2 road test up to 48 hours before your test time with no fee. However, if you need to reschedule within 48 hours, you would forfeit your original test fee and would need to pay the road test cost again. The cost for booking a class G2 road test is $53.75.
What is the cost to reschedule a G road test in Ontario?
You can reschedule a glass G road test up to 48 hours before your test time with no fee. However, if you need to reschedule within 48 hours, you would forfeit your original test fee and would need to pay the road test cost again. The cost for booking a class G road test is $91.25.
How many times can I cancel or reschedule my road test?
You can cancel or reschedule your road test as many times as you’d like – so long as you do so more than 48 hours before your scheduled test time.
By following these steps and being mindful of the rules and fees associated with cancelling, you can easily cancel your G2 or G road test booking with DriveTest in Ontario. Overall, it’s always better to cancel or reschedule your appointment as early as possible to avoid any fees. If you need a few refresher lessons before booking your next road test, you can schedule them here.
Want to learn more?